On 5/19/2014 1:10 AM, Kamal Kishore Aggarwal wrote:
> I have created a custom filter factory for solr 4.2. It is working good.
> But when I am trying to upgarde solr-4.2 to 4.7 version, it is reporting
> errors.
>
> Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Plugin init failure for
> [schema.xml] analyzer/filter: Error instantiating class:
> 'org.apache.lucene.analysis.ExtendedNameFilterFactory'
>
> Here's the java code :http://pastebin.com/REu6cJxR,
> http://pastebin.com/380YZaAM
>
> It was working good with solr 4.2. Can anybody tell me the changes that I
> need to make for running it in solr 4.7.1?

I probably would have used something like com.company.lucene.filter as
the package name, but what you name the package is up to you, and will
have no effect on your problem.

I dropped your code into a trunk checkout (the code that will eventually
become Lucene/Solr 5.0).  The Eclipse editor looked like this for your
factory class:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tobjrk0riq7vqqt/extendednamefilterfactory.png

The errors shown for the three red marks are:

* Implicit super constructor TokenFilterFactory() is undefined for
default constructor. Must define an explicit constructor.
* The method init(Map<String,String>) is undefined for the type
TokenFilterFactory.
* The method getInt(Map<String,String>, String, int) in the type
AbstractAnalysisFactory is not applicable for the arguments (String, int)

I don't have easy access to a 4.x checkout right this minute, but the
errors there are probably similar.

Your actual filter class was all good except for three eclipse warnings
that are fixed by adding a type argument of <String> to the code.

Thanks,
Shawn