Thomas,

Vanilla way to override a blocks is to send it with the same unique-key (I
guess it's "id" for your case, btw don't you have unique-key defined in the
schema?), but it must have at least one child. It seems like analysis issue
to me https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5211

While block is indexed the special field _root_ equal to the <unique-key>
is added across the whole block (caveat, it's not stored by default). At
least you can issue

to wipe the whole block.