Your original message had "q=toyota featured:true^100" and also using bq - both are valid. If either is not working for you, please be specific about what exactly is not behaving as you expected - what the symptom is. Sometimes you have to experiment with the boost factor.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: manju16832003
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2014 12:37 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Applying boosting for keyword search

Hi Jack,
Thanks for your help.

I do not want to boost *keyword* field. I apply full text search no keyword
field and boost based on another field *featured*.

Also qf field allows us to boost the field without values. I would like to
boost with value

Ex: qf=featured:true^100 - I don't think this is correct

Example : Get all Toyota 2013 Car listings, which are featured listings.
Field *featured* is a boolean flag

So I tried this way

/select?q=toyota
2014&defType=edismax&q.op=AND&qf=featured:true^100&wt=json&sort=price asc

No luck :-(.

My boosting works fine without keyword, I only have issue having keyword
search.