Hi,

I think the question is not really "how" to do it - that's clear -
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute

The question is really about whether something like this would be of
interest to Solr community, whether it is likely it would be accepted into
Solr core or contrib, or whether, perhaps because of potentially unwanted
dependency on Redis, Solr dev community might not want this in Solr and
this might be better done outside Solr.

Not sure what the answer is..... maybe active Solr developers can chime in
here?  Or maybe dev list is a better place to ask?

Otis