You can do lots of new stuff, but I believe the old config will run ok
without changes. One thing to be aware of is the logging jar
unbundling and manual correction for that when running under tomcat.
That's on the Wiki somewhere and should have been covered in 4.2 to
4.7 change.

Regards,
   Alex.
Current project: http://www.solr-start.com/ - Accelerating your Solr proficiency