We have a requirement to for large data set like Billing data for example.
The Business wants to do sorting and type ahead functions for it.  For
example, when I start typing “8164…” they want to list ALL the unique number
and the associated attributes displayed (name, description, etc).

We have about 50TB of files that needs to be indexed. I haven't indexed this
much data before hence thought of getting your valuable inputs. I am
thinking of using SOLR cloud and use SSD for faster IO. I might need your
inputs on hardware requirements too.

I assume there is no limitations in terms of the maximum number of documents
that can be indexed in latest version of SOLR (4.8). Am I right?

Note:
I don't have the exact business requirement or data but I assume that we
will be indexing just couple of field. I will try to get more information on
the document size soon.