Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out what is causing several snapshots a day on a
multi-core solr 3.5.0 instance deployed in Jboss with replication via the
ReplicationHandler.
Currently the parameters indicate there will be made a backup after an
optimize, but at the moment there are no automatic optimizations scheduled
anywhere, nor any backup requests. The snapshots also appear with strange
intervals on all cores; for instance following snapshot files for the last 2
days:

core1:
o   16/6 – 15u27
o   17/6 – 15u29
core2:
o   16/6 – 17u04
o   17/6 – 17u04
o   17/6 – 17u09
core3:
o   16/6 – 09u59
o   16/6 – 19u29
o   17/6 – 10u59
o   17/6 – 19u34
core4:
o   16/6 – 14u54
o   16/6 – 15u04
o   17/6 – 15u14
o   17/6 – 15u24
o   17/6 – 15u34
core5:
o   16/6 – 21u24
o   17/6 – 21u29
core6:
o   16/6 – 21u59
o   17/6 – 21u59

core4 being the biggest
The logs don't show anything relevant around those timestamps. Snapshooter is
not configured anywhere as far as I'm aware and commits happen much more
frequently.

Is there a way to figure out what causes the snapshots or is there still some
automatic snapshot mechanism I'm not aware of? I don't seem to find anything
related to this topic on the web. All our other instances don't show this
behavior; difference is they are all at least 3.6 and deployed in tomcat, this
one 3.5.0 in Jboss.

tx,
Tom