We have been waiting for that issue to be finished before thinking too hard
about how it can improve things. There have been a couple ideas (I’ve mostly
wanted it for improving the internal zk mode situation), but no JIRAs yet that
I know of.
--
Mark Miller
about.me/markrmiller

On June 23, 2014 at 10:37:27 AM, Arcadius Ahouansou (arcad...@menelic.com)
wrote:

On 3 February 2014 22:16, Daniel Collins <danwcoll...@gmail.com> wrote:

> One other option is in ZK trunk (but not yet in a release) is the ability
> to dynamically reconfigure ZK ensembles (
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-107). That would give the
> ability to create new ZK instances in the event of a DC failure, and
> reconfigure the Solr Cloud without having to reload everything. That would
> help to some extent.

ZOOKEEPER-107 has now been implemented.
I checked the Solr Jira and it seems there is nothing for multi-data-center
support.

Do we need to create a ticket or is there already one?

Thanks.

Arcadius.