Hi Joe,

I think it is not possible with SolrJ/SolrInputDocument.
Please vote/watch the issue : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-6199

Ahmet

On Saturday, June 28, 2014 2:13 AM, Joe Gresock <jgres...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there a standard way to stream updates to Solr using SolrJ?
Specifically, we have some atomic updates for large field values (hundreds
of MB) we'd like to send.  We're currently sending partial updates using
SolrInputDocument objects, but we'd love to be able to keep less on the
heap in our client code.

Thanks,
Joe

--
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I
whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do