Christophe Domas wrote:
> How do you configure laptop_mode?
> 1. in /etc/laptop-mode/laptop-mode.conf
It should be sufficent to put 'ENABLE_LAPTOP_MODE=true' in
/etc/default/acpi-support.

> 2. in each individual conf file like
> /etc/laptop-mode/conf.d/intel-sata-powermgmt.conf
>
> If it's the first choice (the onlu one found in man pages), how do you find
> correspondence between option and the names of the modules you describe
> (intel-sata-powermgmt,
> sched-mc-power-savings, usb-autosuspend).

Just search in /etc/laptop-mode/conf.d/ the .conf file with the same
name of the module. Read the content and change the variables that you
want. For example, to enable the intel-sata-powermgmt module you need to
change the 'CONTROL_INTEL_SATA_POWER' in
/etc/laptop-mode/conf.d/intel-sata-powermgmt.conf. Do the same with the
other modules and install my self-made modules.

> Have you installed the sony module Eva proposed? I've installed it but didn't
> see a lot difference in power consumption  (except that Fn keys are working
> and that's a lot!).

I've always used Eva's module. I don't know if effectivelly save the
battery (I guess, yes) but it works. :)

> Have you a special dst file or just the standard one?

No, I did know how to use them.

> How do you check power consumption (I assume you use powertool)? With a normal
>  activity or no app luanched?

What is 'powertool'? I use 'powertop' to check the average power usage
but you can also look at the file /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state. I did
my tests using firefox and thunderbird and with few open terminals.
Active use but nothing of heavy.

bye
Mario