Hello Mario, Bernd,
hello sony-vaio-z-series-List, all of you

Am Sonntag, den 24.05.2009, 18:05 +0200 schrieb Mario:
> Bernd Eggink wrote:
> > Sorry, doesn't work for me. Playback is OK, but the only capture source
> > alsamixer shows is "Digital". "Mic" is shown as a playback device (??).
> > If I set "Digital" to 100%, I can record something, but the level is
> > very, very low - like somebody speaking in a distance of 100 meters.

My tip: Undo last change and assure your Capture-Source is Digital.
Attention: Digital-Capture-Source starts muted by default. You have to
"un-" mute it by hand. Maybe there is a workaround to solve that, I did
not yet look for it...

> I'm using an Ubuntu Jaunty with the out-of-the-box alsa drivers
> 1.0.18rc3 (/proc/asound/version). Using alsamixer from a console I can
> see in the "Playback" panel the following controls: Master, Headphone,
> PCM, MIC, IEC958, IEC958D and Speaker. In the "Capture" panel I have:
> Capture and Input Source. I'm using Input Source=Int DMic (it is a
> digital microphone.

I am using an Ubuntu Karmic,
 Kernel: 2.6.30-5-generic #6-Ubuntu SMP Mon May 11 20:46:57 UTC 2009
 Architecture: x86_64
 Alsa: Version 1.0.19.

Provided 'Digital' is chosen as Capture-Source, the microphone is
working out of the box. Skype works 100%
After appliance of 'options snd-hda-intel model=toshiba-s06' as you
proposed, it makes the same problems here:
 No Capture Mixer
 Microphone only verry low Volume.

h.t.h

regards,