Hi, I found a trick in order to disable one of the card, maybe this could help someone to figure out how to do this in a better way. I boot first with a kernel < 2.6.30 like the kernel26-lts (2.6.27) of archlinux, and choose the card with the stamina-speed switch. Then I reboot under a more recent kernel and the led confirm the choosen card, lspci too.
PS : now I'm on archlinux with 2.6.33 and I'm using nvidia, waiting for working intel drivers, Thanks to Chris for the help ;) 2010/4/6 Chris Cannam <[email protected]>: > On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 5:30 PM, Chris Cannam > <[email protected]> wrote: >> So far I'm experiencing surprisingly abject failure in every >> direction. > > So I actually switched from Ubuntu to Arch Linux, because although I > appreciate the fact that on the whole Ubuntu is more likely to work on > any given hardware, its relative sophistication makes it harder for > the dimwitted to troubleshoot in situations where nothing appears to > be working. > > But just to report back on a few things that may be of interest: > > * Intel display: i915 kernel mode setting with the Arrandale chipset > works reliably for me in the latest kernels (I ended up building a > 2.6.34-rc3, plus latest np sony_laptop module) > > Note all of the following refers to "stamina" mode with Intel drivers, > I haven't tried the nVidia again and don't immediately plan to. > > * Brightness keys don't work by default, though I can change the > brightness manually with e.g. echo 4 > > /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness and I can see the key > events with acpi_listen so presumably they can be hooked up (just > looking at Raphael's script for doing this with nVidia and thinking it > looks mostly applicable) > > * Display doesn't come back on after suspend/resume. Disappointing, > as a recent kernel patch looked as if it was intended to address this > > * I would like to power off the nVidia, but don't know how: trying to > do it with vga_switcheroo gives me the same oops as Peter reported > > * Touchpad works with Stefan's suggested boot option. It was > initially unusably jittery and oversensitive, but that seems to have > become fixed in the course of other changes (can't readily identify > what fixed it -- possibly some HAL or evdev-related change -- but if > this is bothering anyone else, I can try to find out) > > * Wireless works (iwlagn driver) though it seems a wee bit temperamental > > * BIOS doesn't seem to want to boot EFI applications under any > circumstances, even with no other storage devices connected, so the > static video card switch method described at > feature-enable.blogspot.com doesn't seem to be possible > > Power consumption about 21W on middling brightness, which I hope means > the nVidia is still powered on -- that would be pretty high otherwise. > > > Chris > > _______________________________________________ > Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series > Post to : [email protected] > Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series > More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp > _______________________________________________ Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

