Hi Sebastian, First of all, thank you for your help.
Regarding the SPEED mode, I followed your procedure but I did not notice any change in the display resolution. Furthermore, the nomodeset option made WIFI not work. Finally I removed this option and installed the NVIDIA 195 driver. This solved the problem. Regarding the STAMINA mode (INTEL graphics device) do you have any suggestion ? Best Regards Omar ============================================================================ ----- Mail Original ----- De: "Sebastian Daehne" <[email protected]> À: "ait amrane omar" <[email protected]> Cc: "Sony Vaio Z-series Laptop" <[email protected]> Envoyé: Mercredi 28 Avril 2010 18:36:49 GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin / Berne / Rome / Stockholm / Vienne Objet: Re: [Sony-vaio-z-series] Sony VAIO VZ11A7E laptop graphics problems with Ubuntu 9.10 On 04/28/2010 04:56 PM, ait amrane omar wrote: > Till now I can not use the Intel grahics low power consumption board > (STAMINA mode). When > I physically switch to the STAMINA mode the laptop freezes at boot time. > I can use the nVidia board only with VESA-FB (800x600), I can not use it > with a higher resolution. > The nVidia board is (as shown by lspci): > > 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GT216 [GeForce GT > 330M] (rev a2) > > Do you have any suggestion ? > Quite a few do have Issues with the onboard intel graphics. To make the nvidia work you will need to boot an older kernel (say 2.6.26 or so) with the stamina switch set to speed first. Then reboot the machine (the speed led should be on now) into a newer kernel with kerneloption nomodeset You should use grub-legacy instead of grub2. Once you've booted the system with the speed-led on an nomodeset you should be able to start the X with the closed-source nvidia driver, regards Sebastian _______________________________________________ Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

