You should have a kernel source(2.6.34), apply the patch and compile the kernel. Then boot using the new kernel.
On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 12:25 PM, Zithras <[email protected]> wrote: > How do I install the Intel patch at: > https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=35845 > to fix the Intel graphics card? > > It seems to be a text email, and not any sort of .sh script, .deb file, > or any other sort of installable file? > > It looks like code: does this mean I have to copy/paste it into a > particular Ubuntu core file, recompile it, and replace my current file > with the new one? If so, how would I do this and what do i need to > replace where? > I assume the files I have to mess with are: > drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_display.c > drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_dp.c > drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_drv.h > but I'm still not sure what I should do with them, how to do it, or how > to install the 'difference' code supplied > > Please could someone who's installed this patch successfully email the > list with a list of commands to get this installed and working that a > new linux user could use? > -- > This message was sent from Launchpad by the user > Zithras (https://launchpad.net/~zithras) > using the "Contact this team" link on the Sony Vaio Z-series Laptop team page. > For more information see > https://help.launchpad.net/YourAccount/ContactingPeople > > _______________________________________________ > Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series > Post to : [email protected] > Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series > More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp > -- Farshad Khoshkhui _______________________________________________ Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

