Hi, CONFIG_TUN=y means that TUN is built within the kernel, therefore no modprobe is needed.
To build TUN as a module you would need CONFIG_TUN=m On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 11:38 AM, <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi, > > I've just installed Ubuntu 10.10 on a vaio VPC-Z13V9E/X, and used > the latest Adam kernel, 2.6.37-6, available at > http://www.voip-x.co.uk/files/adam. > > Thanks Adam for this great job, it really was straightforward. > > - I used the Ubuntu 10.10 installer > - on the first reboot, modified the grub lines so that > - linux -> linux16 > - initrd -> inird16 > - quiet splash -> i8042.reset i8024.nomux i8024.noloop i8042.nopnp > > Then I followed the instructions given in the README at > > http://www.voip-x.co.uk/files/adam/IMPORTANT_README > > Every thing is working fine. I managed to control Brightness thanks to the > battery notification applet. > > The only lasting issue has to do with TUN module. It's needed when using > Bridged networking with VirtualBox, to access from the host a web server on > a virtual machine. The bridge-utils are already installed. It seems that the > installed TUN module was built for the Ubuntu installation kernel version, I > say that because when I issue this command: > > cat /boot/config-$(uname -r) | grep CONFIG_TUN > > the answer is: > > CONFIG_TUN=y > > Tried: > modprobe tun > doesn't change anything. > > Trying > rmmod tun > ERROR: Module tun does not exist in /proc/modules > > Am I missing some thing? Do I have to rebuild kernel and modules, which I > never did before; my knowledge of linux modules is rather basic. > > Thanks > R.B. > > > _______________________________________________ > Mailing list: > https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series<https://launchpad.net/%7Esony-vaio-z-series> > Post to : [email protected] > Unsubscribe : > https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series<https://launchpad.net/%7Esony-vaio-z-series> > More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp > >
_______________________________________________ Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

