Dear Group, First, I wanted to say thanks very much for all the information/code to help get my newly repaired VGN-Z590 running well with Ubuntu. I followed the instructions and installed the janitor script following the kernal command line modifications.
Everything seems to work (ie, the stamina/speed light and the switch changing the gfx on reboot), however, as my subject suggests the brightness adjustment (fn+f5/f6) doesn't do anything (for either intel/nvidia, although I guess it shouldnt work for nvidia). When I am on battery or when idle the screen dims so it appears linux does have control of the brightness just the hotkey isnt working. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks very much, Lyle Gordon -- This message was sent from Launchpad by Lyle Gordon (https://launchpad.net/~lgordon) using the "Contact this team" link on the Sony Vaio Z-series Laptop team page (https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series). For more information see https://help.launchpad.net/YourAccount/ContactingPeople _______________________________________________ Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

