Hi all,

i just stumbled over a problem that maybe specific to Ubuntu, but I think it
came up on this list some time ago and I found a solution that works for me.

I have both graphic cards working using Rafael's janitor script since 9.10
or so. In the newest stable Ubuntu version 11.04, I found that the X server
crashes when using the Intel graphics. In the log there was the fatal server
error:

"xf86OpenConsole: VT_WAITACTIVE failed: Interrupted system call"

This error left me without an X server and without a usable VT. After some
searching I understand this to be due to a racing condition between
different controllers of the virtual terminals. A workaround is to introduce
a short sleep in the gdm upstart conf (under /etc/init/gdm.conf):

46     sleep 1
47     exec gdm-binary $CONFIG_FILE
48 end script

This seems to leave the controllers enough time to settle.

Cheers,
Philipp
_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to