Hi, I experience the same problem with kernel 2.6.37.6 and nvidia drivers > 260.19.26. Every once in a while the screen blinks, like a single, fast black flash. I search a bit on the web and this problem seems to arise with certain Nvidia graphics chips when Powermizer changes power state. For example I can reproduce it by letting Powermizer setting the graphic processor to "Performance Level 0" (after a period if inactivity) and then launching some OpenGL program like glxgears. During the transition from PL0 to PL3 the screen blinks. Unfortunately Nvidia is not giving much feedback about this problem and I have not found any solution other that disabling powermizer or fixing the performance level.
Best, Mauro On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 6:24 AM, sacredphoenix <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi there. > screen blinked when nvidia graphics enabled. > I can fix this if I set max perfomance in nvidia powermizer settings, but > notebook becomes too hot. > > _______________________________________________ > Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series > Post to : [email protected] > Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series > More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp > _______________________________________________ Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

