http://www.focus-fen.net/index.php?catid=144&newsid=92650&ch=0

FOCUS ENGLISH NEWS (BULGARIA)

Kosovo Mafia Makes Death Threat to UNMIK Police Commissioner
21 July 2006 | 15:20 | FOCUS News Agency

Pristina. UNMIK Police Commissioner Kai Vittrup told in an interview with a
Danish TV station that the Kosovo Albanians mafia had threatened him with
death and that is why his personal protection has been reinforced, RTS
informs.

"One gets used to the threats and if I were afraid I wouldn't have stayed in
Kosovo. The threat I received is actually a threat to all UN officials in
Kosovo therefore we are carrying out an investigation and are taking the
necessary protection measures," Kai Vittrup said. "My wife left Kosovo and
it was a joint decision. No threat should make a Police Commissioner leave
Kosovo," he added.

The UNMIK Police Chief said that there are various crime forms in the
region - from the classical, like robberies and murders, to organized crime
dealing with drugs and arms. "This is a mafia ran by families on the clan
principle. It is a closed system that is hard to track down, but we are
progressing," Kai Vittrup added.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/1dTolB/TM