----- Original Message -----
From: velimir
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 5:37 AM
Subject: [sn-vesti 34990] Nikita Mikhalkov calls to defend Kosovo in the name
of preservation of Orthodoxy in Europe

2006-10-05 12:18:00

Nikita Mikhalkov calls to defend Kosovo in the name of preservation of
Orthodoxy in Europe

Moscow, October 5, Interfax - The future of Orthodoxy in Europe and
preservation of 'religious balance' in the world depend on the settlement of
the Kosovo problem, famous film director Nikita Mikhalkov believes.

'I have no right to speak for the state as I am not an official representative
of the country. But I am an Orthodox man, a Russian artist. For me Kosovo is
not just a part of some territory but one of the living hearts of Orthodoxy',
he said at a press conference in Belgrade after his meeting with Serbian Prime
Minister Vojislav Kostunica.

For him, Mikhalkov said, the defense of Kosovo is not only the defense of a
territory, which is 'a politicians' business'. 'For me it is the defense of the
future of Orthodoxy and pan-Slavism as a whole', he stressed.

The Balkans, he added, have always been a key to Europe and 'Kosovo is Europe's
key', the Russkaya Linia website reports.

'Orthodoxy, which is experiencing revival in Russia, hinders a great many
people who wish Russia's disintegration. Orthodoxy hinders the new world order
by the very fact of its existence. Kosovo is only the first try. If their plan
succeeds they will go even further. It will lead to a breach of the global
religious balance', the art director stated.

Kostunica, in his turn, pointed out that Kosovo had safeguarded Serbia
throughout history. 'Now the time has come for Serbia to defend Kosovo in order
to defend herself', the Serbian prime minister stressed.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: