Please kindly share the following with others: Urgent!

Press Release
October 7, 2006
On behalf of The Archbishop Jovan Fund USA

Subject: The Catacomb Orthodox Archdiocese of Archbishop Jovan FYRO
Macedonia
A report of my most recent pilgrimage to this Archdiocese September 2006
From: Very Rev. Archimandrite Nektarios Serfes, President of the Archbishop
Jovan Fund USA
Boise, Idaho
USA

Greetings in Christ our Lord: Board Members of the Archbishop Jovan Fund
USA,
Respected Father Victor,
Father Damascene,
Father Paisius,
& All Christ-loving Souls,
Evlogeite!
May our Gracious Lord God always bless you! I am sending my pastoral love to
all, and assurance of prayer.
It's 60 long days now since the arrest of Archbishop Jovan as of October 7,
2006.
As you know I was in the Republic of Macedonia recently for two and half
days, and I had not only a previous telephone interview (one week before I
left the area of Boise) with the local Channel 5 T.V. in Skopje, but also a
live interview upon my arrival. In addition I had another interview with
another local T.V. station in regards to the imprisonment of Archbishop
Jovan.
These live interviews had an impact because what I indicated during the two
live TV interviews was further discussed in the local Parliament, as well as
announcements from the local Macedonian Orthodox Church that I was in the
area and this is what was announced at several local parishes under the
jurisdiction of the MOC: "A Greek Orthodox Monk from America has arrived
recently in our country to appeal for the release of Archbishop Jovan, pay
not attention to him."
Apparently many did pay attention to me because no one can take the love of
God from us! No one!
My interviews did have an impact because just very recently Archbishop Jovan
was moved to a safer area of the prison. A step forward we pray! And that
step would be next to release Archbishop Jovan, as well as allow his beloved
Archdiocese to exist as a free religion, and finally return back his
passport, including his cross, his panagia, his robes and Holy Bible.
While I was in the area of Skopje the Gracious and Good Father David and
Father Borjan where most kind to me in which I was able to visit all the
local monasteries for both monks and nuns. I also had met with both Bishop
Gabriel and Bishop Joachim, who where both very kind to me and offered
thanks on behalf of Archbishop Jovan.
Then I was able to visit with the mother of Archbishop Jovan who truly has a
serious concern for the health of her son the Archbishop, her expressions
told me everything.
Their is no doubt whatsoever that the monks and nuns at their local
monasteries are truly having a difficult time as far as food is concerned,
and the basic needs of life. These monasteries are homes which in every
situation the living conditions are deplorable and in spite of this factor
the faithful still keep arriving for Liturgical services.
Every faithful member I met under the Archdiocese of Archbishop Jovan where
indeed pious and Christ-loving.
What truly saddened me was that some of the monasteries really lack the
basis needs of life and that their food supplies where low. It took me
several days after I left the area to find composure for myself.
Then again Bishop Joachim himself has about eighty people attending
Liturgical services in his small second floor apartment, and this goes for
all of the other places for worship in the local monasteries, as those
attending services are from wall to wall.
At the same time however I am sad to tell you a new wave of persecution has
also begin against Archbishop Jovan Archdiocese being that these pious
individuals attend these Liturgical services whether it be on a week day or
a week end, the neighbors are now complaining of the amount of people
arriving for these services in the apartments and local home monasteries, as
well as for the chanting of the services which might be to loud for their
ears. Pressure is now being put on these neighbors to make complaints to the
local authorities from those within the diocese of the Macedonian Orthodox
Church. This matter goes for all the local house and apartment monasteries
currently under the Archdiocese of Archbishop Jovan. In the meantime those
who are doing these Liturgical services now have to do them almost as silent
as possible to avoid further harassments from the neighbors. All of this
sounds like the days of the catacombs. Therefore beloved in Christ all
Liturgical services are done almost in a low key to avoid any further
complaints. Can we imagine?
Then again this past Holy Pascha services had to be done outside being the
lack of space within these monastery homes and this happened at the home of
Archbishop Jovan in 2006. The amount of faithful attending these services
was abundant and was done in an area filled with mud amidst the grounds of a
recent destroyed consecrated Orthodox Church.
Doing the course of my stay in Skopje, I am ever pleased to tell you that I
had been able to speak to the Venerable Archbishop Jovan by telephone who
called me from prison, and he kept indicating to me: thank you Father, thank
you Father, thank you Father! The Archbishop could hardly say anything else
because his time was limited being he called me from prison, and others
where in line to use the phone. I was very happy to had been able to speak
with him. The last thing the Archbishop said to me: May our Lord God bless
you all!
Sadly enough I was not able to visit in person Archbishop Jovan at prison
because if I pressured the matter that would not allow the Archbishop's
mother or sister from visiting him.
I must tell you that I was very moved and impressed with both Father David
and Father Borjan as they where so kind to me and truly love the Holy
Orthodox Church, and are constantly in prayer as well as with deep concern
to release their beloved Archbishop, and to the current conditions of the
monastic communities.
The two diocesan bishops, monks, and nuns under the jurisdiction of
Archbishop Jovan are extremely pious and prayerful, as well as kind and
outreaching to visitors. One truly felt a great Christian peace in their
faces and in their hearts. I was ever pleased that I made this pilgrimage.
What is truly remarkable was that these bishops, priest, monks and nuns lost
everything which well included their beloved monasteries which have been
destroyed, and in some cases the monasteries they had to leave with the
pressure of the local Macedonian Orthodox Church that these monasteries are
not currently functioning piously as in the past.
The Archdiocese of the Venerable Archbishop Jovan can be considered as the
Catacomb Archdiocese, as we can truly see that even their loving prayers
that are being currently whispered are still being heard by our God, the
Mother of God and all the saints.
Never have I in all my thirty years as a priest (I just celebrated my 30th
anniversary as a priest earlier this week) witnessed such love of God under
these current conditions of this loving Archdiocese, never have I seen that
earthly things are not important to either the bishops, priest, monks, or
the nuns -all that concerns them is their spiritual heights of prayer and
love for God, and that well includes the faithful entrusted to them on a
daily basis.
We as pious and Orthodox Christians must not remain silent to what is taken
place within the Archdiocese of Archbishop Jovan or his imprisonment. The
more we forget this Archdiocese and the Archbishop the more they continue to
suffer and be deprived of the basic means of life itself.
It would be a horror if anything happens to Archbishop Jovan especially due
to his current health problems, as I must be truly honest at this hour; many
of us would then have to hang our heads in silence.
So let us wake up and begin to roar like a lion for the freedom of the
Archdiocese of Archbishop Jovan to exist as a free religion, and let us even
roar louder for the release of Archbishop Jovan today!
At the same hour let us humbly and I say this most humbly pray for
Archbishop Jovan and his beloved Archdiocese with me in tears.
Please look deep into your hearts and consider what we can do in not only
offering our prayers, but also our support for the Archbishop Jovan Fund
USA.
Note please the attached about this fund and share it with other
Christ-loving friends.
Learn to begin to understand the situation at hand and the truths that are
before us, as no Archbishop, and no priest are going to lie to you, or
misdirect you down the wrong path, as after all the pastoral purpose is to
lead all the Kingdom of God -Paradise.
Please humbly consider how you can help by supporting the Archbishop Jovan
Fund -open the attached.
After my pilgrimage to Skopje I rushed to the border of Kosovo-Metohija to
meet Bishop Teodosije, and Hieromonk Andrej on behalf of the Decani
Monastery Relief Fund.
I am home now praying, please pray with me, and thank you!
May our Gracious-God always bless you!
Peace to your soul!
Humbly in Christ our Lord,
+Very Reverend Archimandrite Nektarios Serfes
President of The Archbishop Jovan Fund USA
Who always prays for you!

  _____

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

<*> Your email settings: