Russia slams UN sanctions on one party to Kosovo conflict

05.12.2006, 14.11

http://itar-tass.com/eng/images/spacer.gifhttp://itar-tass.com/eng/images/spacer.gif

BRUSSELS, December 5 (Itar-Tass) -- Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has
described as counter-productive UN Security Council sanctions against one party
to the Kosovo conflict.

“I see no reason how the UN Security Council can have anything in common with
projects implying sanctions against one of the parties,” Lavrov said after
talks with his Serbian counterpart Vuk Draskovic.

“We reaffirmed our position regarding the implementation of the UN resolution
on Kosovo,” Lavrov said. “This is the basic document we shall rely on in
determining the territory’s status.”

http://itar-tass.com/eng/images/spacer.gifhttp://itar-tass.com/eng/images/spacer.gif

 http://itar-tass.com/eng/images/spacer.gif

 http://itar-tass.com/eng/images/spacer.gif