http://www.b92.net/eng/news/politics-article.php?yyyy=2008&mm=08&dd=12&nav_id=52638

Kosovo minister slams international officials
12 August 2008 | 10:03 | Source: Večernje novosti
*PRIŠTINA -- The Kosovo minister has criticized international officials’
attitudes towards cooperation with Serbs in Kosovo.

* Goran Bogdanović said that international officials in Kosovo only
dealt with Serb officials they deemed “appropriate,” and that this was
unacceptable, because Serbs in the region already had legally-elected
officials chosen at legal elections.

“Statements such as those from [International Civil Representative]
Pieter Feith—that the Kosovo government should select Serb
representatives—has the goal of creating a rift between Serbs in the
province. As far as we’re concerned, this issue is cut and dry—our
representatives were elected on May 11,” Bogdanović told daily Večernje
Novosti.

He said that he was convinced that UNMIK would make good on the demands
of the Serbian government, which he said were a compromise in accordance
with Resolution 1244 for the return of Serb police under UNMIK command,
as well as the demands of the judicial bodies.

“We want Serb police officers working in Serb communities, both in the
north, and in central parts and Pomoravlje. For this, we have received
understanding from UNMIK Chief Lamberto Zannier, who understands the
seriousness of our demands, and also the importance of these fields in
the efforts to maintain stability on the ground,” Bogdanović said.

He said that the work of the courts was also important because Serbs in
Kosovo could not remain without legal protection.

Bogdanović dismissed opposition claims that the Serbian government was
betraying the principles of the state policy, adding that policy
regarding Kosovo would remain unaltered.

“We are ready to resolve all these issues through the UN Security
Council. It is clear that Serbia will reject all acts that are not based
on international law when it comes to issues relating to the situation
in Kosovo,” the minister stressed.

Одговори путем е-поште