From: Branko Vincic
To: acapanteli...@hotmail.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:44 PM
Subject: FW: The Wooden Bowl Please read when you have a minute.

From: mike.ra...@rogers.com
To: mike.ra...@rogers.com
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 19:02:19 -0400

                Most of us have seen this one before, but it is worth reading
again and again.

                            The Wooden Bowl

                            I guarantee you will remember the tale of the
Wooden Bowl

                            tomorrow, a week from now, a month from now, a year
from now.

                            A frail old man went to live with his son,
daughter-in-law, and four-year  -  old grandson.

                            The old man's hands trembled, his eyesight was
blurred, and his step faltered.

                            The family ate together at the table. But the
elderly grandfather's shaky hands and

                            failing sight made eating difficult. Peas rolled
off his spoon onto the floor.

                            When he grasped the glass, milk spilled on the
tablecloth.

                            The son and daughter-in-law became irritat ed with
the mess
                             'We must do something about father,' said the son.

                            'I've had enough of his spilled milk, noisy eating,
and food on the floor.'

                            So the husband and wife set a small table in the
corner.

                            There, Grandfather ate alone while the rest of the
family enjoyed dinner.

                            Since Grandfather had broken a dish or two, his
food was served in a wooden bowl

                            When the family glanced in Grandfather's direction,
sometimes he had a tear in his eye as he sat alone.

                            Still, the only words the couple had for him were
sharp admonitions20when he dropped  a fork or spilled food.

                            The four-year-old watched it all in silence.

                            One evening before supper, the father noticed his
son playing with wood scraps on the floor.

                            He asked the child sweetly, 'What are you making?'
Just as sweetly, the boy responded,

                            'Oh, I am making a little bowl for you and Mama to
eat your food in when I grow up.
                             ' The four-year-old smiled and  went back to work.

                            The words so struck the parents so that they were
speechless.

                            Then tears started to stream down their cheeks.

                            Though no word was spoken, both knew what must be
done.

                            That evening the husband took Grandfather's hand
and  gently  led him back to the family table.

                            For the remainder of his days he ate every meal
with the family. And for some reason,

                            neither husband nor wife seemed to care any longer
when a fork was dropped, milk spilled, or the tablecloth soiled

                            On a positive note, I've learned that, no matter
what happens,

                            how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it
will be better tomorrow.

                            I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person
by the way he/she handles four things:

                            a rainy day, the elderly, lost luggage, and tangled
Christmas tree lights.

                            I've learned that, regardless of your relationship
with your parents,

                            you'll miss them when they're gone from your life

                            I've learned that making a 'living' is not the same
thing as making a 'life..'

                            I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second
chance.

                            I've learned that you shouldn't go through life
with a catcher's mitt on both hands.

                            You need to be able to throw something back

                            I've learned that if you pursue happiness, it will
elude you

                            But,  if you focus on your family, your friends,
the needs of others,

                            your work and doing the very best you can,
happiness will find you

                            I've learned that whenever I decide  something with
an open heart, I usually make the right decision.

                            I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't
have to be one.

                            I've learned that every day, you should reach out
and touch someone.

                            People  love that human touch -- holding hands, a
warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.

                            I've learned that I still have a lot=2 0to learn.

                            I've l earned that you should pass this on to
everyone you care about I just did.

                            NOTICE AT THE END,

                            THE DATE THIS WAS STARTED.

                            I am not going to be the one who lets it die. I
found it believable --

                            angels have walked beside me all my life--and they
still do

                             *********************

                            This is to all of you who

                            mean something to me,

                            I pray for your happiness.

                            The Gift Of Love, Hope & Friendship

                            This email was started on the
                            15th of September, 1998

                            Someone who loves you has helped

                            keep it alive by sending it to you.

                            Don't let The Gift of Love, Hope and Friendship die

                            Pass It On To All Of Your Friends

                            and Everyone You Love!

                            May God richly bless you!

  NOTICE -
  This communication is intended ONLY for the use of the person or entity named
above and may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient named above or a person responsible for
delivering messages or communications to the intended recipient, YOU ARE HEREBY
NOTIFIED that any use, distribution, or copying of this communication or any of
the information contained in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and then
destroy or delete this communication, or return it to us by mail if requested
by us. The City of Calgary thanks you for your attention and co-operation.

Windows Live helps you keep up with all your friends, in one place.