 <http://www.washingtontimes.com/> Description: The Washington Times Online
Edition

Fast-track mosque, delay church

Friday, August 20, 2010

When I resided in New York City, I visited one of the most unassuming and
humble houses of worship I have ever encountered: the St. Nicholas Greek
Orthodox Church <http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/greek-orthodox-church/>
, which sat directly in front of the World Trade Center's Twin Towers ("What
would 9/11 architect say?" Commentary, Thursday).

The church <http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/greek-orthodox-church/>  was
obliterated on Sept. 11, 2001, during one of the most deeply symbolic moments
of our new century. Why is it that Greek-Americans have encountered nine years
of red tape frustrating their efforts to rebuild what is rightfully theirs, but
our misguided leaders, eager to pander to those who financially support or
bribe them, are bending over backwards to accommodate some Muslims in their
suspect quest to build a mosque near Ground Zero? All that mosque will be is a
commemoration of their "victory" over us, the infidels.

Religious favoritism is un-American, violates our Constitution and is very
dangerous in a democracy.

MICHAEL PRAVICA

Henderson, Nev.

Одговори путем е-поште