S. Sudan rebels accuse army of burning villages, lootings

    Article
    Comments (11)

email Email
print Print
pdfSave
separation
increase
decrease
separation
separation

February 26, 2017 (PAGAK) - South Sudan rebels have accused government
forces of allegedly looting and burning down villages of civilians
around Yuai, a former stronghold of the armed opposition (SPLA-IO)
forces.

JPEG - 33 kb
Brigadier General Lul Ruai Koang, SPLA spokesperson, is seen at a
containment site outside of the capital Juba on April 14, 2016. (AFP
Photo)

Col. William Gatjiath Deng says pro-government forces launched another
attack on the position held by the SPLA-IO on Saturday morning.

“In response to this aggression, the gallant SPLA-IO forces under the
command of Lt General Wang Chiok Koryom of SPLA-IO Sector Three (3)
engaged the Juba regime soldiers just as they were leaving Yuai and
pursued them towards Wariwar to the west Yuai,” he said in a
statement.

It added, “At the time of this press, the gallant SPLA-IO forces have
so far counted some fifty-three (53) bodies of dead and rotting Juba
regime soldiers, including members of the Sudanese rebels, the Justice
and Equality Movement (JEM) and SPLM-North (SPLM-N)”.

He said, two militarily land cruisers mounted with BM12 and 14, each
four barrels and a good number of light machine guns were seized in
"good conditions".

“It should be recalled that the Juba regime is still trying its best
in provoking a regional war. While the Juba regime has succeeded in
luring Egyptian air force into bombing SPLA-IO positions in Jonglei,
Unity and Upper Nile States, the same regime is asking Ethiopia to
counter Egyptian influence in South Sudan,” stressed Col. Deng.

However, the spokesperson for South Sudan army, Brig. Gen Lual Ruai
Koang was not immediately available to react to the armed opposition’s
claims.

An estimated 3.5 million people have been displaced by conflict in the
country and 5 million are in urgent need of food due to conflict and
economic instability, aid agencies said early last week.

(ST)

 Comments on the Sudan Tribune website must abide by the following
rules. Contravention of these rules will lead to the user losing their
Sudan Tribune account with immediate effect.

- No inciting violence
- No inappropriate or offensive language
- No racism, tribalism or sectarianism
- No inappropriate or derogatory remarks
- No deviation from the topic of the article
- No advertising, spamming or links
- No incomprehensible comments

Due to the unprecedented amount of racist and offensive language on
the site, Sudan Tribune tries to vet all comments on the site.

There is now also a limit of 400 words per comment. If you want to
express yourself in more detail than this allows, please e-mail your
comment as an article to [email protected]

Kind regards,

The Sudan Tribune editorial team.

    27 February 08:26, by Eastern

    The war theatre should be left yo the armed belligerents, the
unarmed civilians must vacate the theatre.

    Thanks,

    The Eastern Rock

    repondre message
        27 February 08:56, by Midit Mitot

        Those idiots will be out of Lou Nuer land sooner general
Gatjiath, Wariwaar is almost to Pajut.

        repondre message
        27 February 09:29, by South South

        Eastern,

        You are right, unarmed civilians should be allowed to leave
war zones, but there are two things connect with this article.
        1- IO are still crying for losing Yuai
        2- IO is holding unarmed civilians to protect their necks from SPLA.

        Eastern, this is war you are calling for day and night through
internet. War is war, people killed, properties destroyed, development
stops.

        repondre message
            27 February 10:23, by Eastern

            South Sudan,

            If you have any problem with Internet, please stop its
usage. The internet is the fastest and secure means of communication.
You, "Brig." Lul Ruai and I are using it. What’s your problem?

            repondre message
                27 February 16:09, by South South

                Eastern,

                I use internet to call for peace in our country.
Unlike you, you are using it to call for war, that’s my problem with
you.

                repondre message
        27 February 14:37, by Joyuma John

        IO are cheating themselves for recapturing Yuai, white
cheating, the SPLA are still controlling Yuai.

        repondre message
    27 February 08:36, by Liberator

    Nonsense ,Lou Nuer white army refused to fight their government
,Khac-loor Ya Nyigats

    repondre message
    27 February 08:58, by Independent Thinker

    Dear brothers and sisters,

    SPLA are not professional army and they are groups of
unprofessional army with tittle education plus their Kiir

    repondre message
    27 February 09:58, by Lou Nuer The Great

    hey stupid jienges SPLA IO defeat your fuckin mathiang anyoor in
yuai and the gallant forces pursued them to wariwar north of patuet
SPLA IO vivaaaaaaaaaa

    repondre message
    27 February 10:14, by Sadam Kuikoy

    I said this on day one when they entered to Yaui that Borchaar’s
land will be the graveyard of Nuer-wew and mathiang a ngoth.

    768 dead bodies counted in Mottot battle and they were hotly
pursued beyond Yuai(Wariwar)

    Borchar juoyo naath,Borchar Riawe naath.
    Victory is certain.

    repondre message
    27 February 10:25, by Eastern

    The Mathiang Anyoors should not be allowed to venture beyond
Pathai and Karam; they shouldn’t be allowed to reach Waat!

    repondre message

-- 
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/southsudankob
View this message at 
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/southsudankob/topic-id/message-id
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"South Sudan Info - The Kob" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/SouthSudanKob.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/SouthSudanKob/CAJb14ortXfKF6wfZHrwO2%3DEJQWCqtMLNZuddB_ewTEZ_WQUk3g%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to