On May 18, 2006, at 11:09 AM, Arc Riley wrote:

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 06:46:39PM +0200, Jan Filip Tristan wrote:
Hi,

Sorry, but I have another problem with sound. When I say:

sound.init(camera)
sound.set_volume(100000000000.0)
sound.play("my_sound.wav", self, None, 0)

I get only a noise

Hey Jan

Can you upload my_sound.wav somewhere?  I think that's key to figuring
out this bug.

        Setting the volume to 100 billion?  I'm guessing
        it's overflow error.  I'm guessing that something
        takes the sound sample, multiplies it by the volume,
        converts to an integer, and truncates to a byte or
        short.  The "converts to an integer" phase probably
        blindly overflows the integer.

        alter,
        Patrick