I did some tracing here, and the crash occurs when
"terrain_drawColor(ccc)" is called in terrain.pyx. If I understood it
right, that function is basically just an alias for an OpenGL
function.. so could the problem be my opengl library?

O, and if I try to compile without adding "OpenGL" to the libraries in
setup.py, I get loads of "undefined refernece to 'glEnable'" (and all
other gl functions) errors.

So far i've used the one that comes with MinGW, "libopengl32.a"
I also tried a mesa library I found, "OpenGL32.lib", but it crashed
after saying
"* Soya * Using 16 bits stencil buffer"

And finally I tried to use "libgl.a" from my ubuntu, but it was the
same as not using anything. Loads of undefined references.

But thats about it, am I in a dead end?
snaip