First, ODE is know to don't work well with 0.8 version, you can try by
adding ode >0.7 in package.mask
Second, take the latest release (13.2) or the svn version by installing svn
(package subversion) who is working well on my computers.
Then try to run your applications, maybee it will help.
If not, you'll have to check if your python module is in your python path,
but there, I don't have the knowledge.

Hope it help.
JB