Soya users,

Using my compiled version of Soya 0.14, Python 2.5, for Windows, I am
experiencing problems with collisions. This is not a problem with my
code, as I had originally thought.

In my game and in the Soya ODE collision tutorial
(ode-collision-8-terrain), nothing collides with the terrain.
No errors or other messages are shown in the console.

I have tried several versions of Pyrex during the build and here are my
results::
Pyrex 0.9.6.2 - Bodies collide with bodies but not terrain.
Pyrex 0.9.6.4 - Bodies collide with bodies but not terrain.
Pyrex 0.9.7.2 - the version that Thierry Brault used. Bodies do not
collide with bodies or terrain. Body-body collisions give the error:
Exception exceptions.TypeError: "'_soya.Contact' object does not support
item assignment" in '_soya.collide_callback' ignored
Pyrex 0.9.8 - will not build/compile.
Pyrex 0.9.8.2 - will not build/compile.

I have tried compiling Soya with ODE 0.10.1 and ODE 0.11 - I get the
same results with both.

My terrain is scaled 1.0 as always. I am most intrigued as to why not
even the tutorial will work.

Of course, when I use Soya 0.13 by Thomas Paviot, and Python 2.4,
everything works fine.

Could anyone perhaps offer an explanation of the lack of terrain collisions?
Thank you for your time.

Anthony