On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 16:27:23 +0100
Jan Pazdziora <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've pushed new Makefile.git code to the repository.
>
> Well, I have pushed it as Makefile.git2, so if you want to try it (and
> I'd appreciate if you did), please do
>
>       ln -sf Makefile.git2 rel-eng/Makefile.git
>       ln -s rel-eng/Makefile
>
> Everything which worked before should be working still:
>
>       make test-srpm
>       make srpm
>       make tgz
>
> But you can also do
>
>       make spacewalk-backend-0.4.3-1.src.rpm
> or
>       make spacewalk-backend-0.4.3-1.el5.src.rpm
> or
>       make spacewalk-backend-0.4.2-1.tar.gz
>
> in the top level (or any) directory of the checkout and it will
> give you correct .src.rpm or .tar.gz from previous tags. And you
> can do
>
>       make srpm NAME=spacewalk-backend
> COMMIT=12c7e6ad48b0d4693eef90cd96c694da3c2bef07
>
> and get the .src.rpm of spacewalk-backend as it was in that commit.
>
> I'll appreciate if you try the new code and if you tell me your
> thoughts.

Found a very tiny problem only with echo's, USER_NAME doesn't seem to
be defined in any of the new scripts so the echos for missing changelog
entries are just slightly off from what they should be.

New functionality is very cool. Should prove useful for Satellite
builds as well. It got a little more complex now that there's yet
another entry point for building packages but I see that it does all
boil down to the same places most of the time. The variable assignments
remain quite hard to track but the separation into individual files
helps as do the additional comments.

Thanks,

Devan

- --
Devan Goodwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Software Engineer - Spacewalk / RHN Satellite
Halifax, Canada            650.567.9039x79267