Hello,

in the satellite/ directory, we have the following packages:

        $ find satellite -name '*.spec'
        satellite/admin/spacewalk-admin.spec
        satellite/certs/spacewalk-certs-tools.spec
        satellite/config/spacewalk-config.spec
        satellite/install/Spacewalk-Setup/spacewalk-setup.spec
        satellite/schema/schema.spec
        satellite/spacewalk.spec

The name of the directory (satellite) is misleading, so I plan to
rename it to ... let's see ... spacewalk?

Packages spacewalk-admin, spacewalk-certs-tools, and spacewalk-config
are OK, except for certs which could have certs-tools in the directory
name to match the package name.

The satellite/install/ directory contains a lot of code that we do not
use in Spacewalk -- the original Satellite installer. I'd like to
remove it as well but we shall see what the layout of the Satellite
repo will be. In any case, I propose moving
satellite/install/Spacewalk-Setup/ up, away from that directory.

The satellite/schema/schema.spec is a rhns-schema-tools package which
was never tagged or built in Spacewalk, so I propose to remove it
completely.

The problem with satellite/spacewalk.spec being on this level is that

        git-untagged-commits.pl

will show

        spacewalk-0.4.2-3..HEAD:
        d7f34f039f833cccc4a8ef173367a124ad3d8ecf Automatic commit of package
[spacewalk-setup] release [0.4.23-1].
        8aeb652ed014e2721406ccb9cf0eef72cb1a4981 remove legacy satellite
upgrade message (not required in Spacewalk)
        aebb69c70457c7231a958aeebfa6b03bb84acbe0 don't setup monitoring during
upgrade (it's already configured)
        e6bf13edf49a724c97b89e9e8b80561c2b823eca run ssl virtual host
configuration even for upgrades
        104bbdd663aca0cc72ccc9ed5c24a227dc28757f Automatic commit of package
[spacewalk-config] release [0.4.24-1].
        ce0b2bcb362d7d0b85bdbedd120f54ab5f1f85e7 480095 - old package name.
        [...]

even if those commits belong to packages stored in subdirectories of
satellite/ -- git-untagged-commits.pl does not know that the
spacewalk package is only about the spacewalk.spec file and nothing
else. We might try to do some changes to the git-untagged-commits.pl
but I'd prefer to find new home for the spacewalk package, where it
will not have anything underneath it.

So sum up, I plan to do the following changes:

        satellite/admin/ => spacewalk/admin/
        satellite/certs/ => spacewalk/certs-tools/
        satellite/config/ => spacewalk/config/
        satellite/install/Spacewalk-Setup/ => spacewalk/setup/
        remove satellite/schema/
        satellite/spacewalk.spec => spacewalk/package/spacewalk.spec
        satellite/Makefile => spacewalk/package/Makefile

Please raise your objections,

--
Jan Pazdziora
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat