This sounds like a great idea..I usually use eclipse and unit tests running there and use the eclipse debugger to test stuff..

But doing it in ant will be very useful in cases where running unit tests in a specfic order causes the test to fail. Our continuous build system runs the tests via ant and in some instances ant picks up the unit tests in a order different from what eclipse picks up the unit tests. Problem there is that we cannot pickup which test is causing this error becasue the tests run fine in eclipse.... Using Jdob's approach this issue can be debugged much easier...

Partha

Jason Dobies wrote:
I'm not sure how others do it (or if this is commonly known), but I was
looking to attach a debugger to ant as it runs my test cases. Putting
the following lines into the java/buildconf/build-utils.xml file in the
junit task (roughly line 77) sets the tests to suspend until the
debugger is attached.

<jvmarg value="-Xdebug"/>
<jvmarg
value="-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=5005"/>

I'd like to look into a set up where we can do something like:

ant -Dtestcase=foo -Dtestdebug test

But the junit task doesn't support my first idea for how to do that, so
it's gonna take a bit more looking.