Yeah.. Its for devel purposes only.. Whenever I clear and reinstall spacewalk db I just want the cobbler profiles/distros/sysrecords cleareed... So a quick hacky script for that. Initially had rm -rf stuff there but then decided its easier to do this way for future cobbler versions :)... Anyway its not that many profiles/distros I am creating to be worried abt efficiency :).

Partha

Michael DeHaan wrote:
I'm looking at https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/spacewalk/browser/scripts/cobbler-clear

If this is for development purposes only and is not something you install, "rm -rf /var/lib/cobbler/config/distros.d" (repeated for profiles.d, systems.d, images.d, and repos.d) is ok. I'm hoping we don't have the need for a "cobbler-clear" script to be installed in a user config, as we should be respecting the user's cobbler configuration.

If you are doing this from software, the most efficient way to do it is via a Cobbler python API script.

For 10000 systems, doing the above with xargs could take /hours/ since cobbler is reanalyzing the configuration every time you invoke /usr/bin/cobbler.

--Michael