James Bowes wrote:
On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 01:15:01PM -0400, Pradeep Kilambi wrote:
Mike McCune wrote:
noticed here:

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=spacewalk.git;a=commitdiff;h=3e1bc16744a3d816dbedd7d91939ab75618c5de1

that it showed up with prad doing the commit.   Did you use git am?

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/GitGuide

Applying Patches ¶

Applying patches is as simple as:

git am 0001-incoming.patch # apply the patch in your current branch

"Note that if you examine the git log, both the git identity of the patch author and the patch committer are tracked. "

Just double checking. Easier to track submissions if we give the submitter the real credit.

Mike
yea I tried that.. but the patch added was not formatted for git, it gave me,

$ git am ~/0001-rhnpush.patch
Patch does not have a valid e-mail address.

fwiw, you need to save the entire email including headers and apply
that, rather than just the body.

Ah dint know I had to save the entire email. Will remember that for future patches.

If you'd prefer, I can send any future patches as full-on attachments,
but since there was no preference listed on the wiki that I could see, I
went with the method that comes most naturally to me.

yea this is what I thought would work with git am. But np, which ever is easier for you.

~ Prad

so instead of giving more work to jbowes, I jus committed it with his name in the commit msg.

~ Prad

Pradeep Kilambi
RHN Satellite Engineering
pkila...@redhat.com