On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 13:00:37 -0300
Devan Goodwin <dgood...@redhat.com> wrote:

> dgilmore fixed up our jabber configs to work on 2.2 yesterday, so
> updated spacewalk-config and spacewalk-setup packages correct this,
> but you probably need to be on a fresh system before it will work.
> (i.e. not a system where you tried and failed to setup spacewalk, not
> sure why but Dennis can probably clarify)
>
> Issue found and fixed this morning with regexps in ssl.conf that was
> causing httpd to refuse to start, Milan fixed up and rebuilt
> spacewalk-setup-0.5.25.
>
> spacewalk-backend also rebuilt this morning to pickup the rhnpush fix
> jbowes submitted.
>
> These should all be appearing in the devel repo soon, I think we
> updated it 4x daily.
>
> On Fedora 10 I see two issues,
>
> spacewalk-setup still hangs at the end restarting services. Everything
> seems to be up and running fine including jabberd, I think the problem
> is jabberd printing something to stdout/stderr that's messing with the
> way we intercept output and log it to rhn-installation.log. If you
> switch to another terminal and run service jabberd restart,
> spacewalk-setup immediately picks back up and completes. If you trace
> this down I believe you land in Setup.pm sub system_debug:
>
>       while (<PROCESS_OUT>) {
>           print LOGFILE $_;
>       }
>       waitpid($pid, 0);
>
> IIRC you never get past the waidpid. It is noteworthy that everything
> is up and running at this point, spacewalk-setup just doesn't realize
> it.
>
> There's also a lesser problem causing these lines to be printed during
> spacewalk-setup:
>
> Use of uninitialized value $uid in chown
> at /usr/bin/rhn-generate-pem.pl line 74.
> Use of uninitialized value $gid in chown
> at /usr/bin/rhn-generate-pem.pl line 74.
>
> This is because we try to change permissions on a file to be owned by
> the jabberd user, which doesn't exist at least on F10, it's now just
> the "jabber" user.
>
> Devan

One new problem arose yesterday with the ssl cert rpms we build and
install during spacewalk setup conflicting on
the /etc/jabberd/server.pem file. This one appears to only be surfacing
on el5. We suspect the problem is in rhn_ssl_tool.py on this line:

"/etc/jabberd/server.pem:0600,jabberd,jabberd=%s"

The cert location is now in /etc/pki/spacewalk, the jabberd user is also
wrong as this is just "jabber" with newer jabber rpms.

Will fix to lookup jabberd/jabber user, and use the correct certificate
location when building the rpm today.

Cheers,

Devan

- --
  Devan Goodwin <dgood...@redhat.com>
  Software Engineer     Spacewalk / RHN Satellite
  Halifax, Canada       650.567.9039x79267