It occured to me when doing the testing on Proxy that there doesn't
seem to be anything to stop anyone who has root access on a machine
that is registered in Spacewalk from making it into a registered Proxy
server. It's probably not desirable to allow anyone to do this
(although i don't think it exposes anything). Does that make sense?

I suppose this isn't so much of an issue in RHN Satellite since you
have to have paid for your Proxy entitlements and so you're probably
using them (and it'll stop you from activating if you've run out of
entitlements).