Tom Lane wrote:
=?ISO-8859-2?Q?Miroslav_Such=FD?= <msu...@redhat.com> writes:
Tom Lane wrote:
Isn't this a complete waste of time?  There is exactly 0 chance of
migrating all those procedures to mysql.

How do you know?

Try it for awhile and see what you think.  The incompatibilities and

That is why Matej is trying that. :)

missing features you're running into in the DDL are just the tip of
the iceberg.

So we will know what is under water. Currently we are unaware of it.

Just for record (been alread mention here). Matej works on his master thesis, so I can not move him to Pg port as we are working faster then he can work on his thesis. And his work on Pg port can be easily insufficient to by accepted by University. Therefore he has to work on something different. And IMO this approach has never been taken. But if you can point me to somebody who tried to rewrite queries from oracle to mysql in runtime and failed, I will be happy to read about it.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering