James Bowes wrote:
Hi all:

Attached are two patches. The first changes how smbios data is handled
during registration, to send it when the server is created (so that,
similar to xen, it can get free entitlements if appropriate). The second
are the matching server side changes to parse the sent smbios data for
indications that the registering system is a KVM/QEMU guest.

Right now this just sets the guest type as fully virt. It might be nice
to add a third type for KVM/QEMU.

-James

We've already implemented this as an xmlrpc call in 5.4. This change as I see is to make it part of the 'other' args sent across in the existing registration call. I'll look into it.

Thanks,
~ Prad