On 08/12/2009 04:04 PM, Devan Goodwin wrote:

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:17:47 -0500
Jeff Ortel<jor...@redhat.com>  wrote:

All,

The 'chameleon' schema translation tool now available in Fedora
updates for F-10&  F-11. Should be in EPEL (4,5) in a few weeks.

Regards,

Jeff

Hey Jeff, is there anything we could do about those symlinks to
everything in / being created? (or clean them up after builds?)
Everytime I hit git status I see:

#       schema/spacewalk/common/bin
#       schema/spacewalk/common/boot
#       schema/spacewalk/common/dev
#       schema/spacewalk/common/etc
#       schema/spacewalk/common/home
#       schema/spacewalk/common/lib
#       schema/spacewalk/common/lost+found
#       schema/spacewalk/common/media
#       schema/spacewalk/common/misc
#       schema/spacewalk/common/mnt
#       schema/spacewalk/common/net
#       schema/spacewalk/common/opt
#       schema/spacewalk/common/proc
#       schema/spacewalk/common/root
#       schema/spacewalk/common/sbin
#       schema/spacewalk/common/selinux
#       schema/spacewalk/common/srv
#       schema/spacewalk/common/sys
#       schema/spacewalk/common/tmp
#       schema/spacewalk/common/usr
#       schema/spacewalk/common/var

I don't really know what purpose they serve and it's just a matter of
preference so if it's a major problem then no worries.

Wow, I have no idea how those symlinks are getting there. It is normal for 'blend' to create links from files in common to (oracle|postgres)/*/common such as:

schema/spacewalk/oracle/views/common/xyz.sql -> ../../../common/views/xyz.sql

But that's different then what you're seeing.

I just ran a build (on master) and I don't see the symlinks you're reporting.

Get with me on IRC tomorrow and we'll resolve this.

Anyone else seeing this?

Devan

- --
   Devan Goodwin<dgood...@redhat.com>
   Software Engineer     Spacewalk / RHN Satellite
   Halifax, Canada       650.567.9039x79267