I just tagged rhn-client-tools-0.9.5-1, which no longer require hal (only F-13 and newer).
I appreciate any testing. Known problems are:
 not properly detected: tape, floppy and printers

I however find several problems or weird thing, which I would like to share and hear your comments.

Only physical block devices are reported. I can report logical devices without problem (e.g. LVM, partitions...). Do we want it?

Keyboards and mouse are not listed in HW tabs. It is propperly sent, but not displayed. The same behaviour was with old code. Is it bug or feature?

Old rhn-client-tools sent from function dictionary where one key/value is:
 'system.formfactor': 'unknown'
In new release I do not send this. IMO is no way how to fetch this value and I see no sense for this data. Any objections?

Storage devices are now reported as "block" bus, which is change from previous release where was reported as "pci".

Description of device is sent in format vendor|dev_description. Should we split it? BTW Section of storage devices do not strip that | prefix from description. So in webUI it is shown as (ATA|ST3500630NS). Bug or feature? I suppose this is bug.

If I classify network device as NETWORK it will not appear in HW tab. I had to set it as OTHER. Any objection if I file it as bug?

For some usb devices (controlers and hubs) are now correctly listed bus type - "pci" instead of "MISC".

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering