Jan Pazdziora wrote:
Noticed this on Fedora devel:

----- Forwarded message from Tom spot Callaway <tcall...@redhat.com> -----

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 14:55:34 -0400
Subject: Re: F-14 Branched report: 20100923 changes

On 09/24/2010 01:32 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
The rpm changelog should be more like NEWS than a changelog; and usually
a summary of NEWS, at that.  (imho, no packaging guidelines currently
mandate this, etc.)
I could swear I had written "don't copy the upstream changelog into the
rpm changelog, summarize in a line or two if you must.", but apparently,
I never did. :/

~spot

----- End forwarded message -----

I wonder if we should change the way changelog is currently
generated for our packages ...

I'd actually say for now, keep it like it is. It is surprising how many people look at rpm changelogs wanting to know what changed and when.

Of course, if Fedora's rpm package guide lines change and strongly advocate differently, then we could look further.

Cliff