Hi,

I just came across the query "visible_to_system" in SystemGroup_queries.xml:

  SELECT MAX(DECODE(VSGM.server_id, :sid, 1, 0)) is_system_member,
         VSGM.GROUP_ID id,
         VSGM.GROUP_NAME,
         VSGM.GROUP_TYPE,
         VSGM.CURRENT_MEMBERS,
         VSGM.MAX_MEMBERS,
         DECODE(USGP.server_group_id,VSGM.group_id,1,0) AS USER_PERMITTED_ACCESS
    FROM rhnVisServerGroupMembership VSGM, rhnUserServerGroupPerms USGP
   WHERE VSGM.ORG_ID = :org_id
     AND :user_id = USGP.user_id (+)
     AND VSGM.group_id = USGP.server_group_id (+)
GROUP BY VSGM.group_id, VSGM.group_name, VSGM.group_type, VSGM.current_members,
VSGM.max_members, USGP.server_group_id
ORDER BY UPPER(VSGM.group_name), VSGM.group_id

While I do understand that (+) is the old fashioned Oracle syntax for outer
joins, I'm having trouble understanding what the (+) does in the condition
':user_id = USGP.user_id (+)', since it's not join-related. I did some quick
tests on an Oracle installation but I couldn't make sense of it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Julian