Hi Michael,

> my original idea was to be able to stack includes / excludes on top of
> each other, e.g.
>         include=openoffice.org-*
>         exclude=openoffice.org-draw,openoffice.org-langpack*
>         include=openoffice.org-langpack-en,openoffice.org-langpack-de
> which in the end will sync openoffice.org packages except *-draw and
> *-langpacks but will also include  *langpack-en and *langpack-de.

Ok, i know that my solution don't care about include/exclude order and can't do
this, but i can take a look on it

> The filtering and dependecy resolver parts look good. I'm not keen on
> inheriting ContentSource from yum.YumBase because it leads to implicit
> import of all yum repos defined in the server's /etc/yum.repo.d/ which have
> nothing to do with repos defined in Spacewalk (the application). Morever
> you have to delete them so they not mess up with the valid spacewalk
> repos.

Yes, i haven't found many resources on it, i did the best i could to use yum
dependency resolver

> % - All versions of the packages excluded by a filter is now deleted
> % from DB and filesystem

> Well, this changes current behavior of spacewalk-repo-sync because we
> never remove packages which are already in the channel during sync
> process. E.g. you might have packages pushed manually (via rhnpush) into
> channel, should they also be removed? I don't think so.
> I decided skip this part of patch for now.

Yes, in the patch that I've submitted, include/exclude is in repository scope:
only excluded packages from current repository are deleted

Regards.