On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 02:08:41PM -0500, R P Herrold wrote:

> Checking the open bugs [1] I see only one that really seems relevant
> to de-coupling the database from the Oracle backend to a more FOSS
> license one (pgsql) [2]

We now track it as RFE. We don't actually need it -- it's a
nice-to-have, it would make things cleaner.

> Is there a tracking bug that is actually being worked, on this,
> which I am missing?

Which "this"? The refactoring of spacewalk-setup is not currently
being worked on.

>                       this one has been re-targetted a couple of
> times and seems not to be the one to look at

Right. It's not a priority but of course, patches are welcome.

> I see also another piece of low hanging need in [3] 'Migrate SysV
> script to support systemd at Fedora17' in an uncompleted status, but
> which has a patch attached

I assume Marcelo will review that patch eventually. I assume it's not
correct because it does not expose the individual services that create
Spacewalk (taskomatic, osa-dispatcher) to systemd, with proper
dependencies and such, instead it cements the notion of Spacewalk as a
single unit/service.

--
Jan Pazdziora