On 07/18/2012 09:49 AM, Paul Robert Marino wrote:
I have noticed that we have gone past the expected release date set
for spacewalk version 1.8 is there any updated ETA on when it it will
be released.
there are a lot of bug fixes in 1.8 that have not been back ported to
1.7 which are a show stoppers for many people. so I was wondering is
there an updated ETA? Is there a list of what still needs to be
completed? Is there a list of what needs testing so we can help
further this along?

I'll throw out a few things as well.

Today (announced at Summit) we are focused on a Satellite 5.5 release, for fall 2012. As such, we have not had cycles to provide any significant enhancements/improvements to Spacewalk to be worthy/ready for a 1.8 release. We do have SCAP improvements, now ABRT, ARM hardware , SuseStudio, and misc bugfixes.
But some core items such as:
 - systemd (for Fedora 17)
 - re-base to cobbler 2.2 (and make it work)
  - or keep using an older no longer maintained upstream version

have not been tackled/resolved to make us feel comfortable in saying we are 1.8 ready. Jan's guidance on this thread is fairly accurate.

I also have a small wish list of items I'd like to consider for Spacewalk for 1.8, which right now, would likely not get into the release.

Cliff