On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 03:53:08PM +0200, Johannes Renner wrote:
> On 08/14/2012 03:36 PM, Stephen Herr wrote:
> > Johannes,
> >
> > Could you ensure in /usr/share/pgsql/postgresql.conf that bytea_output =
> > 'escape', and if not see if
> > that corrects your problem?
> >
> > -Stephen
>
> Thanks, setting this option fixes the problem on the postgres 9.1 database we
> are using.
>
> We also set standard_conforming_strings = 'off', do you think it makes still
> sense in

Mirek in

        https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-devel/2012-June/msg00023.html

noted that the default changed with 9.1. We did not have time to
investigate what this change could cause.

> combination with bytea_output = 'escape'?

The bytea_output is about output, standard_conforming_strings is about
literals on input.

What I believe needs to be done is set these parameters on the
per-connection basis (if possible) so that we don't depend on
particular PostgreSQL server configuration (and defaults in different
versions).

--
Jan Pazdziora