On 11/05/2012 12:03 PM, Tomas Lestach wrote:
> If there's a bug in the API call, we of course fix it.
> But we try to keep the current API interface as is. Spacewalk users have
> their
> scripts using our API calls and we do not want to break the scripts by
> renaming/deleting existing API calls. (Introducing of new sensefull APIs is
> always good. :)
>
> So, it is important that the API behaves according to its name. It the name
> and behavior do not match, we fix the behavior according to the name and can
> introduce a new API in case the behavior of the original API was helpfull.
>
> However, internal naming has lower priority, because the users do not come
> into contact with it, so it cannot be confusing for them. (But we of course
> try to keep the naming sensefull as well.)

Ok, I might come up with a patch these days, fixing the existing API call so
it behaves like its name is suggesting + maybe add a new call to provide the
previous behavior in addition to that.

Thanks for the explanations,
Johannes

--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer