Hello;
I just encountered some problems trying to start the apache service after the
installation of spacewalk application. I followed the official instructions on
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/UserDocs which ran through smootly but
I am unable to diagnose the error it throw up below.

I have the ipaddress and the hostname added to the /etc/hosts file. When I add
ServerName as localhost on the httpd.conf file and  try to start the apache
service it just states that the service failed without any errors. The error
below is generated without having the ServerName directive on the http.conf
file. Any help would be apprieciated... many thanks

[root@ld-sw-pup tomcat6]# service httpd start
Starting httpd: httpd: Could not reliably determine the server's fully
qualified domain name, using ld-sw-pup.acas.com for ServerName
                                                           [FAILED]
[root@ld-sw-pup tomcat6]# /sbin/service oracle-xe restart
Shutting down Oracle Database 11g Express Edition instance.
Stopping Oracle Net Listener.

Starting Oracle Net Listener.
Starting Oracle Database 11g Express Edition instance.

[root@ld-sw-pup tomcat6]# /usr/sbin/spacewalk-service restart
Shutting down spacewalk services...
Stopping RHN Taskomatic...
RHN Taskomatic was not running.
Stopping cobbler daemon:                                   [  OK  ]
Stopping rhn-search...
Stopped rhn-search.
Stopping MonitoringScout ...
[ OK ]
Stopping Monitoring ...
[ OK ]
Shutting down osa-dispatcher:                              [  OK  ]
Stopping httpd:                                            [FAILED]
Stopping tomcat6:                                          [  OK  ]
Terminating jabberd processes ...
Stopping s2s:                                              [  OK  ]
Stopping c2s:                                              [  OK  ]
Stopping sm:                                               [  OK  ]
Stopping router:                                           [  OK  ]
Done.
Starting spacewalk services...
Initializing jabberd processes ...
Starting router:                                           [  OK  ]
Starting sm:                                               [  OK  ]
Starting c2s:                                              [  OK  ]
Starting s2s:                                              [  OK  ]
Starting tomcat6:                                          [  OK  ]
Waiting for tomcat to be ready ...
Starting httpd: httpd: Could not reliably determine the server's fully
qualified domain name, using ld-sw-pup.a.com for ServerName
                                                           [FAILED]
Starting osa-dispatcher:                                   [  OK  ]
Starting Monitoring ...
[ OK ]
Starting MonitoringScout ...
[ OK ]
Starting rhn-search...
Starting cobbler daemon:                                   [  OK  ]
Starting RHN Taskomatic...

Bolaji Jibodu
Linux Infrastucture System Engineer
SFW Ltd
Southern House, Station Approach, Woking, Surrey, GU22 7UY
Switchboard : 01483 722219
email: bola...@sfwltd.co.uk<mailto:bola...@sfwltd.co.uk>
Registered in England No. 2740301     VAT No. 591 7842 02