From: spacewalk-devel-boun...@redhat.com
[mailto:spacewalk-devel-boun...@redhat.com] On Behalf Of Jeremy D Davis
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2014 9:49 AM
To: spacewalk-devel@redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-devel] Query question regarding
system.listLatestUpgradeablePackages

Michael,

I have two child channels that have the same package but different checksum.
Meaning we have cloudlinux rpms which use the same package name, version,
release and arch but a different checksum. So for example

bind-libs-9.8.2-0.23.rc1.el6_5.1.x86_64.rpm - Is in the updates channel. This
is a child channel from the base channel.

bind-libs-9.8.2-0.23.rc1.el6_5.1.x86_64.rpm - Is in the cloudlinux repo but
different checksum than the one in updates channel. This is a child channel of
the CentOS base channel.

So adding those two lines like I provided in the patch will resolve this issue
of displaying both packages as it restricts the search to only the channels
assigned to the server.

Regards,
Jeremy

Jeremy D Davis wrote:
% Michael,
%
% I was able to get it working by manually changing the %
rhnServerOutdatedPackages.sql to include the arch in the select and % then
remove the table from Spacewalk and run the query. Once I got % that fixed I
was able to test the queries you updated. It seem in my % environment
system_upgradable_packages_list_no_errata_info pulled % duplicate packages due
to a child channel contains these packages but % is not assigned to the server
being checked. So I have created a % couple patches attached to this email that
should resolve the issues % for me. I am still looking for a way that I can
deploy this without % having to remove a table.

Hello Jeremy,

I've commited rhnServerOutdatedPackages.sql fix, thanks for correcting my
mistake.

As for duplicated package - I can't reproduce it. What's your setup?
I have:
server          389-ds-base-1.2.10.2-15.el6.x86_64
base channel    389-ds-base-1.2.11.15-31.el6_5.x86_64
child channel   389-ds-base-1.2.11.15-31.el6_5.x86_64
server is subscribed to base channel and not to child channel and it gives me
just one row. Even if I subscribe server to the child channel there still just
one row.

Regards,

--
Michael Mráka